Holy crap.
That's about all I can say at this point.
According to many sources, Elkridge can claim the highest snow totals in the DC/Baltimore area. As of this morning, we officially had 32 inches, but that was at about 8am. It's now 2:44pm and we have had maybe 5 inches since then, so I would guess that we broke the 3 foot mark. We were outside shoveling the driveway this morning, which was beyond difficult. You sort of have to shovel in layers. Walking around is also next to impossible. I tried twice to walk out to the main road, but it's really really tough.
Last night, we actually were awakened by a thunderstorm. It was completely freaky and loud!
The good news is that so far *knocking on wood* we have power. Even if that goes, we have plenty of wood for the fireplace, fully charged phones and blackberries, and plenty of food in the house, so we are not really worried.
Here are some pics of what we woke up to this morning. Once the snow ends later today, I am going to try to get some more pictures.
You can see that it is still coming down pretty fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment