OK, so I believe this is now the point where the storm has gone from being fun to just being all-around sucky. Yesterday, things had improved so much that we got out to the sushi buffet, hit the mall, and did some errands around the area. Stores were packed, and it felt like life was starting to get back to normal.
Until today.
As of now (11:30am), we have about 10 more inches on the ground. But that's not the worst of it. The wind is crazy, and at times, visibility is near zero. Our snow total with this storm is 4 feet, and there are spots where the snow is actually that deep. I just came from sweeping the snow from around the heat pumps, and there was honestly a moment where I wished that I had grabbed my cell phone in case I got stuck.
I am on Day 3 with work closed, and unfortunately Stuart is en route to his work right now. We remembered this morning that we generally go on vacation during President's Day week every year. This year is the exception since we went to Mexico in January. Oh how I wish that we had planned to leave town this week!!
On the bright side, the sun should be out tomorrow with above-freezing temperatures, and it's supposed to stay like that all week. Ahhh....
This was actually pretty good visibility. As I am typing this, I can barely see the house on the right.
Icicle-zilla!

No comments:
Post a Comment