Thursday, December 4, 2008

Aloha and Mahalo!

So, I am finally getting around to catching up on the blog before the holiday rush begins. As most of you know, we celebrated our first anniversary a little belated by taking a trip to Maui. The place is amazing! When we take our long vacations, we tend to make very little effort at being active, which suits us just fine. We stayed at the Westin Maui. The hotel had the most beautiful outdoor areas with 5 pools to choose from.





One of the activities at the Westin was a waterslide competition. After a week in training, Stuart decided that he was ready to face his challengers- a few 8 year olds. I was so proud of his win!


There were lizards everywhere. I actually found them to be kinda cute.

This next series of pics were taken on one of our favorite activities of the trip. We got up in the middle of the night to make it to the top of the Haleakala Crater in order to see the sunrise. We arrived shortly after 4am, in time to see the most amazing sky FULL of stars. I had no idea there were that many out there!!

The other thing is that it was COLD. And by "cold", I mean so cold that Stuart wished he had dressed warmer. Yep, that's cold.

Our first peek at the sunrise

It was super dusty there. I guess you'll have that with a volcano

Haleakala was definitely our favorite part of the trip. If you ever get to Maui, don't let the 3am departure time deter you. It's totally worth it!

The lighthouse in Lahaina

Walking along Front Street in Lahaina

The sunset was pretty impressive, huh?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are trying to make an adventure out of everything. And take pictures of it.