Greetings to my adoring fans-
I just wanted to thank everyone for your good wishes during my recent sickness. I am happy to tell you that I feel completely better. So much better, in fact, that I now have opposable thumbs and can type. What kind of medicine was that anyway??
I was very sick there for a while. And I am sorry to say that I will never tell you what made me sick. Mom keeps saying that she wishes I could talk to tell her what happened. But the truth is- I could tell her (remember, I can type now) . I just don't want to. It's kind of embarassing. So, I am keeping my secret safe, and I promise that it won't happen again.
Anyway, it was a rough week. The people at the hospital treated me very nicely, but I just don't like going there. I smell sick animals and that's sad for me. The only nice part was that Mom showed me a book they had where there was a picture of my big brother Rizzo. When I came home from the hospital, I had lots of medicine to take. One that tasted like strawberries and one that tasted like ferrets. Blech. And I had this really crappy food (sorry Mom and Dad, I know I am not supposed to say the word "crappy", but that's what it was). I felt bad because Bert couldn't eat with me.
And the worst part about being sick? Mom kept following me when I went to poop, and she would- get this- WRITE IT DOWN!! Yep, she had this list where she would write the time and what it looked like. She said that it was important to make sure that stuff was moving through my body, but sheesh- can't a guy get some peace???
So, I am back to feeling great and I am trying to make up for it by playing with all of my toys. Mom tries to clean them up, but I think the house looks so much better with my mouseys everywere. And I am having fun cuddling with everyone. Especially Dad.
Speaking of Dad, Mom tells me that pretty soon, we will start to see him more. She said that he is working all the time because he is getting ready to have a big, overpriced party when some guy gets to be the president. The only part that I like is that he brings his police car home every night. All of my friends think I am cool. Maybe he will let me take a ride and catch a bad guy.
So, I am off for now. I am getting ready to watch the Steeler game tonight. My favorite player is Santonio Holmes. Mom said that he likes catnip, and that the police caught him with some in his car. I guess that's why he runs so fast.
I really mean it when I say that Mom, Dad, Bert and me really appreciated all of your wishes. I think that's what made me feel better!
Love, Ernie

2 comments:
You are so smart Ernie! I am glad you are feeling better. Can you come down for a visit and teach Mr Poopers how to type? He dictates his letters to me and doesn't have good handle on the English language like you do.
Hi Ernie! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hobbes will be happy to hear it as well.
Be a good boy!
Post a Comment